Monday, March 28, 2011

A MAN'S HEART by Derrick Bowles

Reading on Facebook and found this post from a high school friend, thought this would be a great thing to share. Hope everyone finds it as thought provoking as i did... Thanks to Derrick Bowles for allowing me to share this...

For some reason, there is a notion in America that men don't have feelings. That notion also carries with it that if they do, they are too sensitive. So I ask a question to myself, how should a man's heart be? There are many that would have plenty to say ...in response to this question. Most people that would answer would be of the female gender. With that being said, this note in my journal is my own personal opinion is not meant to offend anyone........just more of an eye-opener into something that is very controversial. I am a man and all man at that, but still I can't help to feel very shaken to my core.........I don't even think that many women understand the depths of a man's heart!  Just as women are delicate flowers, men hearts are as such also. Do you realize what a MAN would do for the woman he loves, truly loves..........once he experiences that LOVE, it's something that is forever imprinted in his soul. As I write this, the wells of my eyes seem to fill uncontrollably.........I can recall those moments, only a minute seems to past, as I revisit all those feelings. I guess you can say I have experienced LOVE.  A MAN'S HEART is just that.........filled with love, just surrounded by emotions that may be barricaded from hurt and pain or they have not experience LOVE, that real LOVE. I know that if there was a situation where it was my life or hers..........I would have risk it all..........a bullet, an organ, whatever it may have been. (Latoya Clay)  Yeah, I said the name.............but I'm better for knowing and experiencing that love...........it taught me a lot and dismissed this notion that I need to be HARD, COLD, or even DISTANT...........because my heart, a MAN'S HEART is filled with LOVE, waiting to be unleashed...............when you become mature and more open and LOVE yourself..............all those things you've learned, were taught, your boys told you or advised you..........doesn't matter.........you will be comfortable with who you are and what you are and your HEART WILL LEAD YOU, A MAN'S HEART, ONE OUT OF GOD'S OWN................   LOVE   DERRICK BOWLES

1 comment: